Monday, March 29, 2010

Projects in process

Well, as promised, here are a few pictures of some of the projects we have been working on.....I will put more up later.....

American Sewing Guild participated in the Project Cinderella. About 20 dresses were donated by a formal wear shop for the project. All the dresses either needed repair or something else done to them before they could be sold (@ $25) to girls for the prom. What a deal - a $200-$300 dress for $25! I took home 2 dresses. The two dresses I took home had SAMPLE permanently stamped in very obvious places. This long dress had the stamp on the back just below the waist line. At the very last minute (3 hours before the dresses were due back) I had an epiphony.

The dress reminded me of dresses that were worn in the Jane Austin movie Emma. I thought a train would cover the stamp well. After rubbing the stamped area with a cleaner for 2 hours, I was able to reduce the stamps appearance so that it would not show through the organza train. What a project!

The second dress had SAMPLE stamped on the back of the top.  I found a lacey fabric that matched perfect.  Unfortunately, the stamp showed through.....SO, I sewed a whole new bodice out of a matching lining fabric and lace on top, sewed it to the top of the dress, adorned with some cute little flowers front and back! 

Quilts are being sewn too!  Here is the top of one that is done using a fabric foundation.  We have 6 foundation fabric designs and 3 are now done.  Dee and Al helped with another foundation fabric design!
Here is another one Dee finished.  These are all waiting for the Gammill to arrive!  Hopefully, I will have time to put some more pictures up soon.  I have 6 quilts waiting to be quilted on the long arm as soon as it arrives!!!

1 comment:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones