Saturday, May 29, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

It is the time of year that we spend time thinking of those who have gone before us.  Many relatives and friends of mine have passed and are heavy on my heart.  I am sure you have some to.

With the thoughts of our departed ones, I have chosen to spend my weekend with friends and family celebrating and rejoicing in the time we had with those in our past.

Grandma Schlagel shared in my joy of quilting and painting, inspiring me without me knowing it.  Grandma Mema loved to knit and crochet, also things I love to do.  My father, Bill, I do not remember, however, I am sure his talents, interests and skills are with me in some way.  My mother-in-law Betty loved everything.  She has  been very deeply missed by us all.  I even have been thinking of my cats Charmin and Tinkerbell (really Katies cat).  How I miss their company.

I sure wish they all could see what we are doing now. I think they would be as excited as we are to start our new venture and have fun with all the wonderful people we get to experience.

With this in mind, spend your weekend, like mine, with the ones you love.  If you can't, call them, email them, write them or think quietly of the fun you had with them.

Thinking of all of you dearly
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones